Deploying Ceilometer w/ TripleO & Metering Network Services
This session will include the following subject(s):
Deploying Ceilometer with TripleO:
The effort going into the TripleO incubation effort is yielding a lot of good returns, but the path to getting Ceilometer to deploy correctly has been bumpy and is still being blazed on a daily basis. I'd like to share the progress so far (as of the summit) and discuss what I (and you!) expect the challenges to be as we work to get it in shape.
(Session proposed by Phil Neal)
Metering Network Services:
Currently there are no metrics to monitor network services. Here are some discussion points to go over on what makes sense to meter and implement for juno.
* Firewall as a Service
- type of firewall ( iptables, CSR virtual firewall etc)
- Firewall usage in hourly increments
- # of connections/sec
* VPN as a service
- Type of vpn (openswan, cisco etc)..
- # of connections
- Duration of usage in hourly increments
* LB as a service
- type of LB ( HAproxy, VPx (Citrix) etc.)
- Number of Connections
- SSL vs no SSL
- How much Bandwidth (traffic going through HAproxy)
- usage in hourly increments
- # of LB pools/ # of VIPs (LB serving 1 server or multiple servers)
- health monitor , figure out the type of probe using
(Session proposed by Pradeep Kilambi)
Thursday May 15, 2014 9:00am - 9:40am
Attendance numbers do not account for private attendees. Get there early!
Remove this from your schedule?
You may not be able to get back in if this is full.