Deploying Ceilometer w/ TripleO & Metering Network Services
This session will include the following subject(s):
Deploying Ceilometer with TripleO:
The effort going into the TripleO incubation effort is yielding a lot of good returns, but the path to getting Ceilometer to deploy correctly has been bumpy and is still being blazed on a daily basis. I'd like to share the progress so far (as of the summit) and discuss what I (and you!) expect the challenges to be as we work to get it in shape.
(Session proposed by Phil Neal)
Metering Network Services:
Currently there are no metrics to monitor network services. Here are some discussion points to go over on what makes sense to meter and implement for juno.
* Firewall as a Service
- type of firewall ( iptables, CSR virtual firewall etc)
- Firewall usage in hourly increments
- # of connections/sec
* VPN as a service
- Type of vpn (openswan, cisco etc)..
- # of connections
- Duration of usage in hourly increments
* LB as a service
- type of LB ( HAproxy, VPx (Citrix) etc.)
- Number of Connections
- SSL vs no SSL
- How much Bandwidth (traffic going through HAproxy)
- usage in hourly increments
- # of LB pools/ # of VIPs (LB serving 1 server or multiple servers)
- health monitor , figure out the type of probe using
(Session proposed by Pradeep Kilambi)
Thursday May 15, 2014 9:00am - 9:40am
Attendance numbers do not account for private attendees. Get there early!
Remove this from your schedule?
This session is full and you may not be able to get back in.